Saturday, September 20, 2008

First Week Over!

So the first week of class is FINALLY over. I can't believe it's only been a week. It feels like a month. @@ It's probably because in addition to going to class everyday, I've also been going out with friends almost everyday. Quite tiring I must say. But having fun is part of studying abroad is it no? ^^

This week my friends and I traveled to 台北車站 to eat dinner and buy school supplies. We also went to 西門町 to watch this Taiwanese movie called 海角七號 which was really funny. Then we walked around and ate some street food. Good stuff yo~ Got me some yummy peanut powder mochi stuff. Delish~We also went to the Prince Apartments welcome party and I saw 韋禮安!!! He's a NTU student who won this singing competition that was broadcast on tv like a year ago. He's like a mini celebrity because he's appeared in some music videos and have written song lyrics for some famous singers. His prize from the competition was supposed to be a singing contract but he denied it because he wanted to focus on his studies. Anyways...he performed some of the songs he wrote at the party and they were really great. He has a great voice and speaks really good English. Got his autograph and took a picture with him. Hehe. Yay. ^^
And today we all went to 貓空, this place up in the mountains with tons of tea places for people to drink tea and look at night scenery and just have fun. We took the gondola up and down. It was pretty fun. The beef noodle soup I had up there was pretty darn delicious too.

Tomorrow is the leehom concert. Can you say excited? I so am. And we're going KTV right before the concert too. Woo for tmrw!

On a completely different note, my class schedule is currently a big fat mess. There are 3 NTU courses that I want to take but if I were to do that, I'd be taking 6 hours of class for 3 days. Definitely not fun so I want to drop one of the Chinese courses that I'm currently taking right now. But the program won't let me drop it so now it's a whole bunch of emailing EAP and talking to the EAP liaison professor here to see what can be done. But yea. When this whole mess gets settled this coming week I'll talk about the NTU classes that I'm taking.

No comments: