Monday, September 15, 2008

Typhoon + Class

So this past weekend was 中秋節 [Moon Festival]. Unfortunately, a typhoon decided to come to Taiwan and ruin it for everyone. LoL. I went to my grandmother's and we stayed home all weekend. It poured like crazy the whole Saturday so that was spent watching tv [which would sometimes lose signal for a couple of minutes] and playing my DS. Then I braved the rain on Sunday to head back to the dorms.

And today was the first day of class! Had three classes today with the ICLP program. Brief overview:

Beginning Taiwanese (生活台語) - Teacher was super slow. But the class was super fast. Like she didn't even really teach sounds and stuff and just went straight into teaching us to recite a taiwanese poem about the moon festival. But the teacher talked super slow. She must have been nervous or something because yea...it was weird. But I'm excited to learn Taiwanese! I've wanted to learn for a loooooooooong time.

Chess King (棋王
) - That is the name of a novel. So yea...basically reading a novel for this class. The teacher is really funny. She looks super strict, but she was like cracking jokes left and right. And there's only one guy in our class so she like picks on him. Poor Brian. Haha. This should be interesting. I want to be able to start reading Chinese novels.

台灣社會短文集 ( Essays on Taiwan Society) - meh...translation is something like that. We didn't really talk about the class itself today. Most of it was just spent introducing ourselves to each other and then just talking to the teacher. The teacher is like 8 months pregnant but really cool. Don't know what else to say besides I have a quiz for this class tomorrow. @@

So basically all the ICLP [Intensive Chinese Language Program] classes are from 1-4pm everyday. Booness. But each class is like super tiny. There's like an average of 5 students in every class. I've never been in a class that small before.

I still want to take a NTU course so that I can actually meet some locals and get to know more people. Have to figure out what I want to take. And I have to go talk to professors too to see if they will let me take their class. I'm thinking of abnormal psychology since it's like a different version of clinical psychology which I've already taken at Berkeley so it can't be that difficult to keep up? *shruG* Guess I'll see on Wednesday when I go audit the class.

And teehee...I went and pre-ordered my Leehom cd today. I now have his single! And a notebook though I don't particularly like the cover. But hey...I have his single now! And concert on Saturday! Excited! Yay!

1 comment:

. s h e r r y * said...

You crazy Leehom lover! P: