Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Orientation

So I had TWO orientations today. One for EAP [basically UC students] in the morning. And literally right after was one for NTU [all international exchange students]. This whole thing [basically lots of powerpoint presentations] went from 11-8pm ending with a Welcome Party from the Foreign Student Association.

I met my student volunteer today. Really nice person. And easy to talk to. Feel bad that I didn't call her when I arrived but I didn't exactly know what to say if I did call her.

The welcome party was cool. Met some people and got to know some other people a little better. Though I did get like 6 mosquito bites which wasn't fun at all. Time to go buy some bug repellent! ><

Oh, and the funny thing at the welcome party was that they were serving mixed drinks and ONLY mixed drinks. And when I say mixed I mean like actual alcohol and stuff. I thought that was quite interesting since it's something you won't see at Berkeley or probably any of the college in the states. The drinking age in Taiwan is 18 so I guess it's okay for alcohol to be served to students since most people are 18 by the time to get to college.

Anyways...I'm freakin tired from this day of listening to a lot of stuff that I don't remember. Tomorrow is chinese placement test and registration. Fun.

No comments: