Monday, September 8, 2008

Moved In!

Arrived in Taiwan yesterday. The grandma picked me up and stayed the night at her place.

And today I have officially moved into the NTU dorms. Finding the dorm was ridiculous. First of all, the international student dorm is in the same building as the graduate student dorm. And there's no sign. And it's like right next to a construction site. And the taxi driver circled campus like three times before we found it. RIDICULOUS. At least the taxi driver deducted money from the fare because he felt bad about it.

Here's a glimpse of my dorm room.Kinda ghetto looking I know. But that's life in Asia. I have the bottom bed and the desk closest to the door. Something interesting is that there are like keys for everything. You see the storage space under the top bed? There's keys to lock those. And there's a lock on one of the desk drawers. And another lock for another closet. Crazy. So basically I have four keys for the room.

And there is actually tons of storage space. At first I thought I had brought too much stuff. Left, a small suitcase of winter clothes at my grandmother's. But it turns out that I didn't really bring that much because I was able to hang everything in my big suitcase in the closet under the top bed. So I didn't actually bring too much. More like the suitcases I brought are too small. I look around and see everyone's suitcases and they are HUGE compared to mine. Guess I'll have to figure something out later when I leave.

Anyways. Moved in. Met up with Sherry who lives on the same floor and had lunch with her aunt and then wandered around and bought some stuff. I needed to get a SIM card for my phone and so we went into this phone store and the lady there was really cool and nice and super funny. And we ended up having a nice conversation with her. I also got a case for my DS.

And we also played DS together! Sherry brought her sister's DS and we played multiplayer games. Super fun. Haha. It's funny how the UCs pretty much take up the whole floor. Our floor is co-ed but divided into guy and girl wings. And the girl wing has a door which closes and locks at 9pm. You need a card key to swipe yourself in so guys can't walk in. LoL. And most of the girls I've met so far are from a UC. Haha. But tomorrow is orientation so I'll probably meet a variety of people. It's kinda like TTT.

And lastly...roommate. Met my roommate today. And laughed. Because my roommate is from singapore. Haha. My subletter is from Singapore and so is my roommate. I think that's pretty funny.

Tomorrow is orientation day. EAP orientation 11am-1pm. NTU orientation 2pm-something because there's a welcome party at the end. Busybusy day. I'm already super tired.

1 comment:

Ecila said...

one thing's for certain.. your dorm is waaaay better than my dorm during TTT'07! Maybe cause it's the grad students dorm also :S

but yeah, i'm so excited for you!!! or more like jealous!!! i've always wanted to see what university life would be in taiwan.. guess u'll have to update me on that :P remember to tell me EVERYTHING (plus take pictures of CUTE GUYS)!!! :D