Thursday, September 11, 2008

Officially a NTU student!

So it really only processed in my mind today that I was going to be spending a semester studying here.

Took placement test this morning. Meh. Wonder what level I get placed in. And right after I went to register and get my student id and stuff. And that was when I was like...holy shit...I'm really doing this. And then I get suckered into joining the Foreign Student Association cuz I was like thinking I need to join a club and get to know people but Sherry pointed out that fact that I could just go to the club events and not get the membership which was 400NT. Oh well, I always fall for that kind of stuff. It's like when I joined TSA for a semester my first semester in Berkeley. It was like $20 and I only went to two events. Sucks to be me.

Anyways, I now have a NTU student id. I'm officially a NTU student! Still have yet to activate my NTU email account but whatevs. And I just realized I forgot to sign up for a class I wanted to take. Oh wells. I'll just visit the class laterz.

Anyways. Do you know how ridiculous it is to get a SIM card in Taiwan? Just ridiculous. I've already gone to the store twice and failed both times. Sad sad times. And quite frustrating too since I can't exchange phone numbers with people.

Went to Shilin Night Market today with some peeps. Met more peeps. And had oyster omelette. Good stuff dude. Then did some shopping. Holy crap I bought two pairs of shoes and two shorts. What the heck. I don't usually shop that much. Guess this is the new Pam in action eh? LoL. And then we went to eat 雪片 [I think that's what it's called]. I got the coffee flavored one which was pretty awesome tasting. Here's a pic:
The top left in the pic above is mango and the other is I don't know what it's called. LoL. Good stuff. And my first time eating it. Amazing huh. I go to Taiwan so much and yet there is still some stuff that I haven't done yet.

Ok, 1am. Time to sleep. Gnite.

No comments: