Monday, November 17, 2008

Bad Day

Traveler checks are a bitch. End of story.

Sometimes when I'm in Taiwan I think to myself, "yes, i'm doing just great, i can get myself around and everything." And then other times I think to myself, "what am i thinking about possibly living here in the future? i don't belong!"

This morning would be a "i don't belong" moment. I go to the bank this morning to exchange my traveler checks and the security guard there doesn't know if the bank even does it or not. So he tells me to go to the counter and wait and ask. So I wait [this whole entire time I'm waiting the person behind me in line is bitching about how the service here is really slow and bad and everything]. And probably like 20mins later the security guard comes up to me and was like...oh it's not possible to exchange traveler checks here because you need a bank account in taiwan. And I'm like..um...well this other bank told me to come to this bank because they said I can do it here. And he was all like well...他們[the other bank]不負責任. [basically saying the other bank isn't taking responsibility by referring me to this one] The eff?!

Anyhow, right at the moment it's my turn and the person behind in line was just like..don't listen to the security guard, go ask the counter. So I went to the counter. And once again I get asked the stupid question: "do you have a bank account in taiwan?" serious? why the fack would I be exchanging traveler checks if i had a tw bank account? NO LADY. and she just stares for a while. makes a couple of phone calls. and hands me a piece of paper to fill out. she had no idea what to do. and then she gets someone to come help her and i get asked the same question about the bank account. how many times do i need to repeat myself? serious. that helper leaves. another helper comes. more phone calls are made. i'm getting effin frustrated. i send an angry text to my dad. he calls. i yell in the phone while tearing up "NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO DO ANYTHING HERE!" [in english]. finally get my money. and i leave while continuing yelling into the phone. [i'm really only yelling because he couldn't hear me].

And that would be my entire morning. A big fat waste of time. The end.

No comments: