Monday, November 3, 2008

Just Another Day

Today was just another reminder of how much me + health-related places = no good.

No, I'm not sick or hurt or anything. My friend on the other hand, twisted/sprained/SOMETHING her ankle/foot/SOMETHING. So we brought her to the campus health center to get it checked out. Two hours of waiting and we don't actually find out what that SOMETHING is. She gets an x-ray of her foot to see if anything is fractured. Find out nothing's factured. And they ask if she wants to borrow crutches or a wheelchair. Crutches. Then they ask if she wants to be prescribed pain medicine. No. And then they send her to another room to get her foot wrapped. And that was that. I get this piece of paper saying how to take care of self if you twist your ankle [扭傷]. And that was that. They didn't actually tell us what was wrong, just gave us that paper. So there was really no point in us going because someone from the dorms had already wrapped her foot. All we really needed was to borrow some crutches. End of story.

And it had to pour in the morning too. So I was not in the mood for class. Hence I skipped Taiwanese. First absence this semester! Now I have four more excused absences left for that class. And I found out how much more enjoyable ICLP is without Taiwanese class. Wish I could skip it everyday now. xP

We sang Jay Chou songs in the second class today. Now I'm currently loving 稻香. Had it on repeat until I got sick of it. But yea...for once it's a song that's not about love but about hope and dreams. I like the lyrics. 不要這麼容易就想放棄 就像我說的 追不到的夢想 換個夢不就得了. Good message he's sending out.

The day ended with a nice surprise from a friend I haven't talked to in almost two years. =)

Tomorrow's my first day of tutoring. What oh what should I do? @@

No comments: