Saturday, November 29, 2008

Busy Day

Today was such a busy day that it deserves bullet points.
  • went to 台灣銀行 (Taiwan Bank) to deposit the rest of my traveler's checks today. i now am starting to regain my faith in Taiwan banks again because the whole process took only 15 minutes while my last experience took almost an hour. Plus the service fee was less at this bank. I now know which bank to use if I ever decide to open a bank account here.
  • got my Taiwanese ID (身分證). i somehow lost my ID the last time I got it. kinda funny cuz the guy was like...where did you lost it? um....california? yea...but now i have a new one again! woo!
  • went mucho shopping at 五分埔 since i have money again. we were there for a around 4 hours. pretty crazy. i ended up getting one shirt and two hoodies. probably the most money i've spent on a 五分埔 trip. @@
  • made three phone calls via skype [thanks to lil sherry for letting me use her account!]. my bank. paypal. my savings account bank. end result? claims have been made at my bank and paypal. and i now have access to my savings account again. am no longer broke in the US. [long story short: my paypal account got hacked into and that person took $470 from my bank account and my savings account got locked so i was denied access]
Hm...i think the point of bullet points was to make things succinct. Guess that didn't work. @@ Thanksgiving break kind of just zoomed right by. The official weekend has started and for some reason I don't feel like I even had a break. Probably because I spent break doing things I would normally do so it doesn't seem any different.

This past week I've been feeling super busy. And I feel like I'm behind in things and am having a hard time catching up. Maybe it's because there's only two weeks left of ICLP and all the teachers are trying to jam in as much stuff as possible so homework is starting to get heavy. Plus I need to start thinking about my future and prepping myself for the spring semester. Bleh~ @@

No comments: