Sunday, October 19, 2008

Another Weekend Summary

This weekend has once again been busy. Saturday was the EAP arranged day trip to 宜蘭.
(the two pictures my camera managed to take before it started malfunctioning again)

Recognize these pics? Came here with TTT two years ago. It's still the same old place. Wasn't as crowded and 熱鬧 as two years ago but yea. Walking around brought back some funny memories especially since I was looking at those pictures before this day trip. Watched some performances and painted our own 布袋戲 puppets.

On the way back, we stopped at some place for an ocean view. Below are pictures from my cellphone.


Then I had dinner with Danny at Momo Paradise. 400some NT for around 5 plates of vegetables and 6 plates of meat. Expensive but delicious and well worth-it. We were so bloated after. But sooo goood.

Today I went to go "interview" for a tutoring job. Basically showed up, chatted with the parents, smoothed out some details and that was that. So now I have a tutoring job! Twice a week, two hours each time, and 400NT/hour. So I get 1600NT/week. The only crazy thing is this kid is in 3rd grade. Except he's TALLER or almost as tall as me. WTF!!! Crazy stuff I know. And the parents keep referring to me as 老師 which I find weird. But I guess I might as well get used to since that is the path I plan on taking.

Then after went to 五分埔 AGAIN with lil sherry. Shopped around a bit. Bought a dress and a shirt. And then back to the dorms for dinner.
====
Now that things have settled down everywhere (school stuff, Berkeley stuff, life stuff) I can start focusing on enjoying life here again. =)

No comments: