Thursday, October 30, 2008

Missing You...

I love Taiwan and I love all my newly made friends here...

But I miss my friends in the US. And it's especially hard when some of these friends can't be reached online. I miss my lunch and dinner dates. I miss having my own personal space [though my roommate here isn't bad at all]. I miss talking to certain people. I miss the drives. I miss the hugs. As much as I don't like Berkeley there's something that I have there that I seem to be missing here. Can't really say exactly what it is. But I guess it's knowing that no matter what, I know that there's someone I can depend on if I ever need to talk, need a hug, need some comfort. That is what I'm missing here. Someone I can turn to when in need. I will not be able to make a future here in Taiwan until I can find that someone. Which is also half the reason why I would not want to extend my stay here to a year so thank goodness my scheduling dilemma has been fixed.

Tomorrow is Halloween. And people here want to just dress up and go clubbing all weekend long. I'm not participating because that is not what I want to do. If I was in the US, I'd be celebrating Halloween dressed up as some Pokemon trainer playing with the kids in OASES. Then at night I'd probably be going over to someone's apartment for a movie or a party. My living style does not seem to match up with the party style of people here. Which only makes me miss US kiddos even more.

Grace, Jackie, Nathan, Yuan, Wenqi, Yen, Lawrence, Julie, Sally, Jimmy, etc etc etc..don't know if you all read this but I miss you!!!!