Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bits & Pieces

**My past is coming back to visit me. Two years ago...I don't really know what to think or expect. It's interesting how I spend so much effort trying to keep the past alive, trying to hold onto it by making an effort to keep in touch with people....yet I end up failing and getting hurt. And the one that I didn't spend any effort on is still here and coming to visit. Life sure is funny.

**So earlier today I was thinking that I have been slacking in schoolwork and not really making an effort to learn because I was unhappy with my course situation. But I recently have come to accept this situation and was telling myself that I need to start working harder. And then I get an email from the Chinese minor advisor telling me that they don't transfer credit for language EAP courses. Well...now what do I think? Like my friend says...I'm pretty much here for nothing. Not that I wasn't expecting it...after all I have a semester free and chose to spend it here. Of course I wasn't planning on spending my free semester taking intensive chinese courses which I can't get credit for even though they are pretty much the same as taking Chinese courses in Berkeley. Hopefully my petition with the education department gets approved. Then I'll at least be here for something. *crosses fingers*

**I still haven't really made any local friends yet. I've talked to some at the club meetings that I went to during the first week. But I haven't really gone to a club meeting since. I feel bad and I'm a little mad at myself about it. I did come here to meet some more locals. Yet I'm not actually doing it. Have to start making more of an effort to go to these club meetings. There is one club that has been reaching out to me by making phone calls...however I haven't attended their meetings because it conflicts with another club that I want to join. Gosh I'm so conflicted. @@

**Long weekend coming up. I planned the whole weekend out for us. It should be fun I hope.

No comments: