Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Clubs

So it's been 1.5 months now. I've scrolled through my past entries and realized that I haven't really talked about the clubs that I'm in or sort of in. So here we go...

Songwriter's Club (歌曲創作社)
Yep...I'm not exactly sure why I'm in this. But it's actually like the only club so far that I've been consistently going to. I guess I was interested in song writing due to the influences of watching 星光大道 and of course the awesome songs of awesome singers. Plus my friend Dan was interested too and so we checked it out together. They have classes every week about writing songs. I don't really do much in the class because I mean..me...come up with chinese lyrics? In your dreams. But the people are nice and they always ask me if I understand what's going on. The club president always sits close by to me and Dan I suppose to answer any questions if we have them. We have a club outing this sunday to KTV and a recording studio. Kind of excited about that. I'd like to see a recording studio!

Singing Club? (台大樂社)
So I didn't go to this club's info session and have only gone to one meeting so far because they never emailed me their information and I didn't know how to use ptt at that time so couldn't look it up myself. Not quite sure what they do but apparently once every two weeks a teacher comes and teaches you how to sing a chinese song. And the weeks in between, the club board members teach about different genres of music. The first time I went I sat and listened to them talk about rock and roll for almost 2 hours. It was insanely boring. But I guess I have to see what the teaching sessions are like to decide if I want to officially join.

And that's pretty much the two clubs that I'm still keeping tabs on. I guess I will officially join the songwriter's club just for the heck of it. We'll see about the singing one...

No comments: